Want to be part of our team? Check out our job opportunities below!
Redhouse offers internships for area college students that are motivated, engaged and demonstrate an interest in the arts and arts management. Our internships are flexible to student needs and challenging, as only a small non-profit arts internship can be. If you have an interest in pursuing a marketing, public relations, graphic design, administrative, curatorial, or technical internship at The Redhouse, submit a resume and cover letter to the Camps and Outreach Coordinator, Marguerite Mitchell firstname.lastname@example.org.
CLICK HERE FOR JOB DESCRIPTIONS
Immediate Opening – Part time Operational Controller
Accounting background required
To Apply – please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Redhouse Arts Center, Inc. is a nonprofit, multi-arts organization and is a regional provider of community based arts education and our organization has experienced rapid growth over the last several years.
The Operational Controller will maximize return on financial resources by establishing financial policies, procedures, controls, and reporting systems. The ideal candidate will oversee all financial, accounting and human resources activities.
Responsibilities include budget management, financial analysis, payroll, forecasting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, financial reporting, and our annual audit, policy and procedures, compliance, oversight of HR practices, and management of relationships and contracts related to benefits and other leading vendors. This position serves on the senior management team and works closely with the board led finance committee.
Day to Day Operations
• Work closely with Executive Director and leadership team to provide support via financial statements and analysis as needed
• Manage the daily responsibilities of the Business Manager
• Oversee the day to day Financial responsibilities for the organization; including but not limited to Payroll, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Cash Flow
• Ensure financial transactions are recorded timely and accurately in order to meet all reporting requirements and deadlines
• Assist the Executive Director in negotiating contracts, managing employee benefit plans, external reporting and other functions as needed
• Manage personnel policies, employee benefits, and assist in personnel matters as needed
Controls and Segregation of Duties
• Implement ongoing improvements / enhancements to the financial processes of the organization
• Establish policies and procedures as needed to ensure the integrity of financial reporting and the safeguarding of organizational assets
• Interface with outside auditors as needed to ensure the proper recording of all financial transactions, ensure annual audit and statement certification is completed timely
• Ensure Redhouse remains current and compliant with Labor Laws
• Responsible for the preparation of, and adherence to the annual operating budget, including Income Statement, Balance Sheet and Statement of Cash Flows
• Execute month end processing and report Monthly Financial statements to the Board of Directors in a timely manner
• Provide external reporting as needed
Education and Experience:
• BS Accounting required
• 5+ years of experience - Financial Management position within an organization, nonprofit experience a plus
• Solid business acumen and understanding of a variety of functional areas within the business
• Excellent problem analysis and problem resolution skills at both a strategic and functional level, and the ability to identify trends and establish proactive corrective actions as needed
• Strong computer skills, proficient with Quickbooks, spreadsheets, word processing
• Time management and the ability to prioritize and react quickly to changing demands
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills and be able to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization
• Impeccable integrity and a strong work ethic
• Creative problem solving skills
• Attention to detail and be able to multi-task
• Some negotiating skills
• Excellent customer service and human relations skills
• The ability to exercise good judgment and work independently
Redhouse Cafe' Associate
Needs to assist customers and provide the best service possible to each and every customer, according to the Redhouse Service Principles. Redhouse is dedicated to its employees and their ultimate success and has the utmost respect for each employee while providing them the support to succeed in their respective positions.
CLICK HERE FOR JOB DESCRIPTIONS
The Redhouse Fellowship Program is seeking to expand it’s roster of over 30 full-time resident teaching artists. The Redhouse (located in Syracuse, NY) is seeking individuals from diverse backgrounds and experience in one or more of the following fields: music, theater, dance, and design. This full time position includes a competitive salary, housing, health insurance, and retirement. The Redhouse Fellowship Program is a one-year program for college graduates, teaching artists, and mid-career professionals make a commitment to teach core subjects using arts as a delivery model for project based learning in local elementary and middle schools. (grades K-8). Contracts may be extended based on performance and program needs. Additional artistic opportunities exist for professional development in the areas of administrative, technical theatre, design and production, and artistic fields in collaboration with the Redhouse MainStage. Performance positions are also available by audition.
Applicants should have demonstrated teaching experience, the ability to work in multiple artistic mediums, excellent classroom management, and the ability to work with students a varying levels and abilities.
Currently Redhouse is seeking candidates to fill the follow positions:
Current Academic Year- These positions being immediately and run through June 30th, 2016.
2016-2017 Academic Year- These positions beginning July 1, 2016 and run through June 30, 2017.
Submitted applications digitally to firstname.lastname@example.org or in hard copy to:
c/o Marguerite Mitchell
201 S. West Street
Syracuse, NY. 13202
CLICK HERE FOR JOB DESCRIPTION
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Questions may be answered by calling (315)-362-2788 or emailing email@example.com